Saturday, August 10, 2013

then and now.

back in secondary school, 
I never bothered to study...which meant I could afford to not give a shit about grades because I had nothing to lose. 

now that I actually put in effort into my education, 
I can't afford to let up because then my grades and placing will fall. 
somehow I feel like my mind can no longer differentiate between being competitive and being anxious. 
they are often entwined. 

please excuse me while i lose sleep over leaving watching an 11-min long video for a uni mod till tomorrow.
i honestly don't know why i'm stressing over a video?!
it's frustrating to feel so anxious. it's also ridiculous even to me.
but I can't help feeling anxious at the same time. 

I recognize that this has to stop. 
I can attempt to rationalize things to myself,
and I often question why I am being so competitive. 
...I suppose it's for recognition. 
To prove to other people that I can do it, in a way that has widespread acceptance by most people here.

haha,
I don't bother to socialize with too many people,
yet I still want to prove myself to strangers, acquaintances, friends and family.
is it pathetic?
is there no other way? - maybe not here. 

if this is the case then I guess I have to find ways to de-stress huh. 
I'll also have to stop over-prioritizing stupid things like watching a fucking video.
(at this point, while I'm rationalizing things to myself in this word vomit, I still am mildly anxious over not watching the video but it has subsided a fair bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment